I Amsterdam City Card
I Amsterdam City Card is your ticket to experience Amsterdam in an affordable and relaxed way. You’ll see more and save money at the same time! No need to buy separate tickets for attractions and public transport. The I Amsterdam Card not only affords you free entrance to Amsterdam museums and attractions, this city card also allows you unlimited access to Amsterdam public transport for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours depending on what type of card you purchase.
Tip: Purchase your I Amsterdam Card online and enjoy all the benefits!
I Amsterdam Card
The I Amsterdam Card is your ticket to a hassle-free city trip. No need to worry about what ticket to buy for what attraction or where to purchase public transport tickets. This Tourist Pass gives you free entry to museums, attractions, a canal cruise, discounts and free give-aways. What’s more, Amsterdam public transport is also free!
The I Amsterdam Card is tailor-made and a very affordable way to explore Amsterdam. Decide whether you need a 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours card and visit as many museums and attractions as you like.
Your I Amsterdam City Card include:
- Free entry to 44 Museums including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum
- Free Canal Cruise
- Free entry to a large number of attractions such as Amsterdam Arena, the Diamond Museum and the Houseboat Museum
- Free unlimited access to public transport GVB Amsterdam (bus, metro, tram)
- 25% discount on eight attractions such as Amsterdam Dungeon, A’dam Lookout, Heineken Experience, House of Bols and Madame Tussauds.
- 25% discount on the Hop-on-Hop-off boat
- 25% discount on Bike rental
- 25% discount on lunch or dinner at selected Amsterdam Restaurants
I Amsterdam City Card for 24 hours – €59
I Amsterdam City Card for 48 hours – €74
I Amsterdam City Card for 72 hours – €87
I Amsterdam City Card for 96 hours – €98
How to Purchase Your I Amsterdam City Card?
- Select a City Card that suits your city trip best (valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours)
- Purchase your Card online or have it delivered to your home address. Home delivery is worldwide with DHL and takes six business days.
When purchased online, you collect your I Amsterdam Card in person from:
- VVV/Ticketshop Centraal – I Amsterdam Visitor Centre, Stationsplein 10 (in front of Amsterdam Central Station)
- I Amsterdam Store, IJ-Hal (North Side of Amsterdam Central Station)
- VVV/Ticketshop Schiphol Amsterdam Airport- I Amsterdam Visitor Centre, Arrivals Hall 2: Holland Tourist Information Desk
How does your Card work?
Your I Amsterdam Card is automatically validated the first time you visit a museum or attraction. The public transport element is validated the first time you use a tram, metro or bus in Amsterdam. Once activated, each element remains valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours, depending on which card you purchase.
Go on a Day Trip from Amsterdam
Use your I Amsterdam Card for Day Trips. Discover charming and pittoresque cities and villlages within easy reach of Amsterdam: Haarlem and the Frans Hals Museum, the fishing village of Enkhuizen, Medieval Castle Muiderslot, the windmills at Zaanse Schans, and Volendam and Marken, two typically Dutch villages famous for fresh fish, eel and wooden shoes.
Your I Amsterdam Card allows you free entrance to Zaanse Schans Village, Frans Hals and Teyler Museum in Haarlem, Zuiderzee Museum in Enkhuizen, Muiderslot Castle in Muiden and Singer Museum in Laren. Buy an Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket which is valid on on all buses, trams, metros and trains in the Amsterdam region. Select a ticket valid for 1, 2 or 3 days. Purchase this ticket from the I Amsterdam Visitor Centres at Stationsplein (Station Square), opposite Amsterdam Central Station or at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport.